If you own an Android device, you will want to personalize it to suit your tastes and requirements. Luckily, the operating system’s open-source nature ensures that you can customize just about every aspect of the functionality and design you can think of.
If you are not happy with your default theme icons and fonts or if you want more transition effects and widgets, installing a theme launcher will be the best way to go about it.
A launcher is basically an app that is responsible for the appearance and behavior of the interface such as the home screen and the app drawer.
All Android devices do come with a stock launcher, but there are plenty of third-party apps in the Play Store and other websites that you can download to tweak the interface to your liking.
In this tutorial, we show you how to install an Android theme using an Android launcher.
Guide to install an Android theme using a launcher
1. Open up the Play Store app on your device and search for an Android launcher. There are plenty of feature-rich launchers in the Play Store such as Nova Launcher, ADW Launcher, Go Launcher, Buzz Launcher, and the more recent Google Now Launcher.
Read the reviews, check out the preview screens, and pick a launcher that is likely to suit you. You can always download and try out a few launchers to see which one works best for you.
2. Tap the Home button. You will see a list of the launchers available on the device.
3. Select your launcher and then tap Always to activate it.
4. On the Home screen, look for the app icon that lets you pick a theme. The location of the themes app will vary according to the type of launcher you are using. Sometimes, it will be available as a separate app icon, at other times, it will be available in the Settings menu.
5. Browse through the themes gallery and select and install a theme that best fits your taste.
That’s it! As I mentioned earlier, there are plenty of good theme launchers in the Play Store. Try out different ones so you can pick one that works best for you.