If you have just bought your first Android phone or tablet and are thinking about personalizing it, but don’t know where to start, think no further. Changing your wallpaper to something that’s a lot more dynamic and engaging is a great place to start. In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to install a live wallpaper on your Android device.
For those of you who are not familiar with the term, a live wallpaper is an animated image that can sometimes be interactive, reacting to touch or air gestures. It replaces the static image that is available by default on your Home screen.
Live wallpapers come in a variety of different themes and there are plenty of great places where you can get stunning wallpapers that come to life on your phone. The Play Store has its share of great collections; your Android device comes with some live wallpapers pre-installed as well, and you can pick up some good collections on our website too. Here are three ways you can install live wallpapers on your Android.
Method 1: How to Install a Live Wallpaper Pre-Installed on Your Phone
Smartphones today usually come with a predetermined set of live wallpapers. To install them:
- On your Home screen, long press an empty space.
- From the pop-up menu that is displayed, select “Wallpapers”.
- In the next screen, select “Live Wallpapers”.
- Scroll through the list of live wallpapers that are available for your device. You can select each one to see a preview of how it will look like on your phone.
- If you have made your selection, just tap on “Set as Wallpaper” to activate the live wallpaper.
- Navigate to the Settings menu on your device.
- Scroll down and select “Display”.
- In the Display screen, select “Wallpaper”.
- From the pop-up menu, select “Live Wallpapers”.
- Browse through the wallpapers and preview each one to find the one that you want to install.
- Tap “Set as Wallpaper” to activate the live wallpaper.
Method 2: How to Install a Live Wallpaper from Google Play
- Open the Google Play app on your phone.
- On the top of the screen, tap on the search icon to activate the Search Bar.
- Type “live wallpaper” then press Enter.
- You will get an endless list of free and paid live wallpapers that you can choose from.
- Once you find one you like, click “Install” to install it to your device.
- After the installation is complete, tap “Open” to open up the wallpaper and tap on “Apply” to activate the wallpaper. If the option to activate the app is not available, just follow the steps outlined in method 1 or 2.
Method 3: How to Install a Live Wallpaper from a Website
In this tutorial, we’ll show you how to install a live wallpaper from our website.
- Head over to livewallpapers.org
- On the top menu, browse through the various categories and popular tags to access the vast collections of live wallpapers that are available. You can also use the search bar to find live wallpapers using specific keywords.
- Once you’ve found the wallpaper you like, you can install the wallpaper in one of two ways; using the link to the Play Store or scanning the QR code (with Barcode Scanner app) on your device.
- If you click the link to the Play Store, just follow steps 5 and 6 in method 2 to install the live wallpaper.
- If you install the app using the QR code, follow the steps in this tutorial to install the app.